Another year, another title.
A successful track and field season for the Sam Houston State Bearkats came to a close Wednesday at the NCAA Division I Track and Field Outdoor Championships in Austin, but not before Clayton Fritsch left his mark on the school’s record book.
The Sam Houston State men's track and field team has raced past its competition in 2019, sweeping Southland Conference honors and winning the program's third straight SLC Outdoor Championship earlier this month.
The Sam Houston State men’s track and field team ran away from the competition, claiming the program’s seventh total — and third straight — Southland Conference Outdoor Track and Field title on Sunday at the Walter P. Ledet Track Complex.
- Plane crashes near Holliday Unit
- Taqueria Carmelita to be featured on The Texas Bucket List
- Building a presence in Huntsville
- City celebrates Veterans Memorial Parkway overpass opening with ribbon cutting
- Mayor addresses issues at new police station
- Tropical Storm Beta could drop at least 6 inches of rain on Walker County
- Tacos by the TRAX quickly becomes a hit in Riverside
- New look, no drop-off for Huntsville in final preseason test
- City of Huntsville officially recognizes Juneteenth as a holiday
- Trinity rallies in the fourth quarter to snag second straight win