On this day last year, the New Waverly Lady Bulldogs were gearing up for an area-round showdown with Orangefield — which would turn out to be the final game in a wildly successful 2019 season.
After cruising past the bi-district round in convincing fashion, the New Waverly Lady Bulldogs are set to face a much stiffer test in their next playoff matchup.
A few days after being dealt a tough loss to district champion Trinity, the Lady Dogs took out their frustrations against Crockett in Tuesday’s regular-season finale on the road.
- Plane crashes near Holliday Unit
- Police capture warrant suspect after manhunt near local prison unit
- Taqueria Carmelita to be featured on The Texas Bucket List
- Walker County Grand Jury issues indictments
- New Waverly ISD closes high school for a week following COVID-19 outbreak
- Rita B. Huff Humane Society set to build new facility
- City celebrates Veterans Memorial Parkway overpass opening with ribbon cutting
- Mayor addresses issues at new police station
- Tacos by the TRAX quickly becomes a hit in Riverside
- Kuntry Creole Kitchen finding quick success as they expand to Sam Houston Avenue location