Several New Waverly girls basketball players received District 23-3A honors this week, with Shay Harris leading the way as the league’s MVP.
After navigating an array of obstacles through a season unlike any other, only one more hurdle remains between the Sam Houston men’s basketball team and a Southland Conference championship.
The Sam Houston volleyball team dropped the first set but went on to win the next three to hand Texas A&M-Corpus Christi a 3-1 setback on Thursday night at Johnson Coliseum.
Following an undefeated regular season that resulted in their fourth consecutive league title, the Huntsville Hornets have received a handful of postseason honors.
As has been the case for the majority of the 2020-21 season, victory was never in doubt for the top-ranked Alpha Omega Academy Lions in Tuesday night’s TAPPS 3A playoff game against Waco Vanguard.
Senior Clayton Fritsch won the men's pole vault to highlight day one action at the Southland Conference Indoor Track and Field Championships at the Birmingham CrossPlex Sunday.
New York Mets president Sandy Alderson says he is emphasizing offense over defense but Kevin Pillar and Albert Almora Jr. were brought in to help with their gloves.
After Washington State freshman Efe Abogidi sank a 3-pointer to seal a triple-overtime win over Stanford, teammate Aljaž Kunc said “there's more to come” from the 19-year-old Nigerian.
The pool has long been home to Simone Manuel. Outside of it, the Olympic champion is pushing herself in a new endeavor to boost the profile of women’s sports.
This Week's Circulars
- Abbott calls for Texas to open to full capacity, ends statewide mask mandate
- Grand jury issues indictments for aggravated assault, multiple drug charges
- No. 7 New Waverly advances to regional semifinals
- Student-led initiative at Huntsville ISD plans to build tiny houses for area veterans
- Huntsville funeral director retires after serving thousands of local families
- Sam Houston outlasts SLU in Top 25 shootout
- Party set for Sam Houston's birthday, Texas Independence Day
- Huntsville woman arrested, charged with aggravated assault after shooting
- Hornets' undefeated season ends regional quarterfinals
- Huntsville City Council expected to hire designer for renovated MLK Center