Joe Biden just this past week made incendiary and idiotic comments regarding Gov. Abbott's decision to open Texas back up so our people can once again return to work and our economy can recover. He also decided to lift the ridiculous mask mandate that has had little or no effect on the sprea…
Where was our Chamber of Commerce when we desperately needed it to endorse building the SHSU Medical School in Huntsville and when we desperately needed it to endorse keeping the nursing school in Huntsville open, rather than helping wealthy Montgomery County get even richer?
In February 2021, an unprecedented winter storm swept through Texas, resulting in federal action declaring the state a disaster zone. Residents experienced extended power and water outages, homeowners faced water damage from burst pipes, and some found their food supply running low. Because …
From the coronavirus pandemic to the winter storm that knocked out essential infrastructure across the state, the past year has been marked by several “unprecedented” events. And for each of them, we have been caught unprepared.
As we approach the first anniversary of pandemic-induced lockdowns, hundreds of thousands of Texans are still grappling with job loss, eviction, or domestic violence stemming from the stay-at-home orders, among other issues. Now, we have just endured one of the worst winter storms on record—…
Like many leaders across our nation, Texas’ local and state leaders have faced enormous pressure to find the appropriate responses to near impossible challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic. Along with mask mandates, restaurant and bar closures, and cancelation of public events, our st…
Bonjour (hello), avid readers! Last week it felt as if time stood still in Texas. My reflection on the storm was a living, frozen frenzy. This was not a fictional Disney production of Frozen I and II, with Elsa, Anna, Kristoff and Olaf of Arendelle. Their hilarious journey of discovering the…
Editor's Note: The information in this column is not intended as legal advice but to provide a general understanding of the law. Any readers with a legal problem, including those whose questions are addressed here, should consult an attorney for advice on their particular circumstances.
This Week's Circulars
- Huntsville woman arrested, charged with aggravated assault after shooting
- Abbott calls for Texas to open to full capacity, ends statewide mask mandate
- Accused drug dealer arrested during traffic stop
- Grand jury issues indictments for aggravated assault, multiple drug charges
- No. 7 New Waverly advances to regional semifinals
- Student-led initiative at Huntsville ISD plans to build tiny houses for area veterans
- Sam Houston outlasts SLU in Top 25 shootout
- Huntsville funeral director retires after serving thousands of local families
- Huntsville City Council dismisses city secretary with 5-3 vote
- Party set for Sam Houston's birthday, Texas Independence Day