Huntsville Police Department
The statewide gas price average in Texas is $2.57 for a gallon of regular unleaded fuel, according to the AAA Texas Weekend Gas Watch. That price is two cents less than on this day last week and is 99 cents more per gallon compared to this day last year.
Once regarded as a favorable option for rural areas and younger demographics, the Centers for Disease Control and Food and Drug Administration have recommended a pause on the distribution of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine as of Tuesday morning, due to a possible rare health risk.
The number of COVID-19 patients hospitalized in Texas has been hovering around 3,000 so far this month — the lowest levels since last June, according to data from the state.
Local governments throughout Texas and the rest of the nation will receive their first checks for direct payments from Congress’ American Rescue Plan Act within the next month, but all local municipalities and Walker County have yet to make decisions about how they’ll spend that latest feder…
Officials with the U.S. Forest Service have confirmed that they will be conducting a controlled burn near the border of Montgomery and Walker County.
Leigh Henderson Cox, Jr., 95, died peacefully on April 8, 2021 after a fall and brief illness. Leigh was born in Huntsville, TX to Leigh and Jewel Cox. He attended Rice Institute where he earned both his bachelors and master's degrees in Mechanical Engineering. During WWII, he served in the …
Nolan will lie in state from 11:00am to 6:00pm on Wed. April 14, 2021 at Sam Houston Memorial Funeral Home in Huntsville, TX. Graveside services will be on Thurs. April 15 at 10:00am at Pioneer Cemetery in Riverside, TX. Procession will depart from the funeral home at 9:00am.
This Week's Circulars
- Suspect in Bexar County homicide case arrested in Huntsville
- Huntsville ISD graduation will once again be held outside of Walker County
- Sheriff deputies respond to shooting in New Waverly
- Walker County Police Blotter
- Three sought in armed robbery
- Gun pulled during road rage incident
- Huntsville hires deputy city manager
- Lawyer: Man accused in Bryan mass shooting was harassed
- Texas police officer shot multiple times during traffic stop
- Sam Houston holds off McNeese for share of Southland title