Huntsville Independent School District trustees will hear updates on student enrollment and on the ongoing high school construction and renovation project during their regular meeting tonight.
The meeting will take place at 6:30 p.m. at the HISD Hawkins Administration Building boardroom on FM 2821 East. It follows the closed session portion of the meeting at 5:30 p.m.
During the first week of school, district administrators reported slight increases in student enrollment over last year’s numbers, and voiced hopes that enrollment would continue to increase.
“Our districtwide enrollment for the second day (Tuesday) was 6,056 — just a little above last year’s total of 6,036,” Montgomery said in August. “Last year, enrollment increased about 300 students from the previous year. This year we were able to keep those 300 students and add a few more.
“This is the first year in a while we have seen over 500 students at every elementary campus,” he added. “Those numbers will fluctuate in the first few weeks, but we do hope to see our numbers continue to rise.”
Also tonight, the board is expected to consider:
• The Consent Agenda, which includes: approval of minutes of previous meetings; approval/adoption of TASB Update 88 (LOCAL) Policies; and approval of personnel-related items as discussed in closed session.
• Adoption of Resolution 11-01 recognizing Oct. 24-30, 2010, as Red Ribbon Week in HISD.
• Approval of the amended 2010-11 HISD PDAS Appraisers.
• Approval of the Expedited Waiver for Timeline for Accelerated Instruction.
• Approval of the District Performance Objectives.
• An update on Construction Package 2.
• An update on Project Lead the Way.
• Discussion of student pick-up at campuses.
• Gifts and donations to HISD.