Texans could be paying for last month’s historic winter storm for years.
Founded as a Teacher’s College, Sam Houston State University has always been a valuable source for fostering the growth of education in Texas. Today, that same passion continues to be passed down to future generations through the College of Education.
HOUSTON — Sam Houston Area Council Boy Scouts of America has recently named a prominent natural area at the new Camp Strake in honor of its long-time council attorney, Nelson R. Block.
AUSTIN — Governor Greg Abbott and the Texas Education Agency announced Thursday that the State of Texas will provide a "hold harmless" to Texas school systems for the rest of the 2020-2021 academic school year only. This means funding will be made available to school systems in Texas that ha…
The statewide gas price average in Texas is $2.47 for a gallon of regular unleaded fuel, according to the AAA Texas Weekend Gas Watch. That price is seven cents more than on this day last week and is 37 cents more per gallon compared to this day last year.
Officials with the U.S. Forest Service have confirmed that they will be conducting a controlled burn of 2,693 acres near the Walker/ Montgomery County line.
Three days before the storm began, Huntsville Memorial Hospital CEO Steve Smith activated a disaster staffing plan, thinking that they were ahead of the game. He had booked rooms for employees at a nearby hotel and took steps to ensure patient safety.
This Week's Circulars
- Abbott calls for Texas to open to full capacity, ends statewide mask mandate
- Grand jury issues indictments for aggravated assault, multiple drug charges
- No. 7 New Waverly advances to regional semifinals
- Student-led initiative at Huntsville ISD plans to build tiny houses for area veterans
- Huntsville funeral director retires after serving thousands of local families
- Sam Houston outlasts SLU in Top 25 shootout
- Party set for Sam Houston's birthday, Texas Independence Day
- Huntsville woman arrested, charged with aggravated assault after shooting
- Hornets' undefeated season ends regional quarterfinals
- Huntsville City Council expected to hire designer for renovated MLK Center