People gathered at the steps of the Old Courthouse on Saturday, June 19, 2021, to march, sing and dance in celebration of Juneteenth. The "On Their Shoulders" event, organized by Visual Movements, saw more than 50 people gather beneath the Gateway Arch after the short march. The holiday hono…
Funeral Service will be June 26, 2021 at 3:00 PM at Riverside Baptist Church. Visitation 1-3 PM at Riverside Baptist Church. Burial at Pioneer Cemetery, Riverside, Texas. Waller-Thornton Funeral Home.
Roy Eugene Smith, age 77, of Huntsville passed away Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at his home. Roy was born October 31, 1943, in Crockett to parents, Bevin Oliver Smith and Verna Elizabeth Wills Smith. He was a graduate of Huntsville High School then received his Bachelor of Science degree from T…
Mr. Sherod Precly Sims, 19, passed into the arms of Jesus on June 14, 2021. Services will be held on Saturday, June 19, 2021 at Gourd Creek Cemetery at 10:30 am.
This Week's Circulars
Premium Text Ads
On Friday, officials with the Walker County Hospital District board announced that they have finalized a $7.8 million purchase of Huntsville Memorial Hospital. Do you feel like this is a good use of tax dollars, and is this the right direction for the struggling health care facility?
- Huntsville police arrest suspect in Longview murder investigation
- Huntsville man added to Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offenders List
- Kimich named new special education director at Huntsville ISD
- Huntsville ISD announces new principal for Stewart Elementary
- Learning institute denied expansion
- City moving forward with animal shelter
- Cowser projected to be highest draft pick in Sam Houston history
- Walker County Grand Jury indicts 30
- Walker County Police Blotter
- Man facing maximum sentence in theft case after guilty verdict in first felony jury trial since pandemic
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Democrats' sweeping attempt to rewrite U.S. election and voting law su…
U.S. Senator Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., announced Tuesday that he will vote in support of an updated voting rights bill that includes changes he requested.
VALDOSTA, Georgia — A child in South Georgia has made significant improvement this week recovering from a rattlesnake attack, her mother said Tuesday.