COLLEGE STATION —
- Local News
Suspect Todd Leatherland
Walker County man charged with murder
A Walker County man has been charged with murder for allegedly killing his aunt Tuesday morning.
Todd Leatherland, 31, was booked into the Walker County Jail on Friday and his bail was set at $100,000. He was released from St. Joseph’s Hospital in Bryan on Friday morning, then transported back to Walker County after he was served with a warrant for the first-degree murder charge.
- Carrasco Siege 40th Anniversary: ‘Final demands, final threat’
- Roundabouts coming soon to New Waverly
- Carrasco Siege 40th Anniversary: Armored truck offer ‘suicide’
- For now, the sun sets on city’s latest controversial retail center
- Walker County man charged with murder
Church's denied request for National Guard visit draws national attention
A Missouri church finds itself in the middle of a media storm after the Missouri National Guard, citing short notice and time constraints, was not able to fulfill a request last week to appear at the church’s vacation Bible school.
August 1, 2014
- Beretta, other gun makers heading to friendlier states
- VIDEO: Dog 'faints' from excitement of seeing owner
- Church's denied request for National Guard visit draws national attention
BEARKATS FOOTBALL — Kats' defensive line ready to set the tone
Sam Houston State defensive tackle Sione Latu preys on offensive linemen. The feeling of putting his hand in the turf and knowing he’s going to blow his opponent into the backfield drives him to succeed.
He may get that feeling even more in 2014. With an influx of talent added to the roster that will complement the returning starter, the Bearkats’ defensive line will be among the team’s deepest units this season. Defensive line coach Phil Pettite said he plans to play a rotation of eight defensive linemen, which will keep his players fresh late in games.
- HUNTSVILLE TENNIS — Hornets tennis coach resigns
- Closing in on a dream
- BEARKATS FOOTBALL — Kats' defensive line ready to set the tone