With specific goals in mind, these Hornets are swimming in the cold to reach their destiny
- Local News
Huntsville ISD Board of Trustees member Justin Brock, left, shakes the hand of Deputy Superintendent Sonny Cruse after the school board voted to begin a hiring search for a new superintendent. Brock was in favor of promoting Cruse to the position instead of conducting a costly search that could take until the end of the year.
Huntsville ISD: Board votes to start search for district's next superintendent
After an hour and a half of private discussions, the Huntsville ISD Board of Trustees opted to open a hiring search for the district’s next superintendent.
Trustee Patrick Antwi motioned that the board “enter into a search,” which was seconded by Trustee Rissie Owens. Tracy Stoudt, J.T. Langley and Dr. Karin Olson-Williams joined the first two in supporting an outside search.
- Principal at Huntsville Intermediate resigns to take job in Willis
- Huntsville teacher headed to Missouri for journalism school
- New Waverly man recovering after being shot accidentally
- Gigantic Gospel Concert to hit Huntsville
- Huntsville ISD: Board votes to start search for district's next superintendent
College graduates are sorting themselves into elite cities
Census data suggests that in 1980 a college graduate could expect to earn about 38 percent more than a worker with only a high-school diploma. Since then, the difference in their wages has only widened as our economy has shifted to bestow greater and greater rewards on the well-educated. By 1990, that number was about 57 percent. By 2011: 73 percent.
July 11, 2014
- Why Taco Bell is turning its health menu into a muscle menu
- A federal court is about to answer the question: Whom do you actually work for?
- College graduates are sorting themselves into elite cities
BEARKATS BASEBALL — ‘It’s been a whirlwind’ for new Bearkats baseball coach
The past few weeks have been anything but slow for new Sam Houston State baseball head coach Matt Deggs. With figuring out his assistant coaching staff to shoring up the roster, Deggs is trying to get everything in line before his Bearkat players return to campus next month.
- LeBron James returns to Cleveland: ‘I’m coming home’
- BEARKAT FOOTBALL — Kats keeping busy in summer
- BEARKATS BASEBALL — ‘It’s been a whirlwind’ for new Bearkats baseball coach