- Local News
As Walker County gears up for the 2014 Relay for Life, a special dinner will be held to honor cancer survivors and caregivers. The dinner will be held at Northside Baptist Church, 1207 FM 980, on Saturday at 6 p.m. The 2014 Walker County Relay for Life will be held on May 2 at 6 p.m. at the Huntsville High School track.
Walking, dining with purpose
Folks are gearing up for this year’s Walker County Relay For Life on May 2 and festivities get underway this weekend when a special group of people will be honored.
- American dream to become reality
- Texas Bankers Hall of Fame names four honorees
- Literary scholar named SHSU humanities, social sciences dean
- THE HIVE: Behind the scenes at The Hive
- Walking, dining with purpose
Affirmative action ruling challenges colleges seeking diversity
The U.S. Supreme Court's support of Michigan's ban on race-based affirmative action in university admissions may spur colleges to find new ways to achieve diversity without using racial preferences.
April 23, 2014
- A 'wearable robot' helps her walk again
- Cuba is running out of condoms
- Affirmative action ruling challenges colleges seeking diversity
HUNTSVILLE TRACK AND FIELD — Now's the time to shine at regional meet
Only one more meet and strong competition is keeping the Lady Hornets and a pair of Hornets from advancing to the UIL Track and Field State Meet.
In order to advance to Austin, the Huntsville boys and girls will have to turn in another strong showing on Friday and Saturday at the Class 4A Region III meet, which will be held at the York Track and Field Complex at Sam Houston State University.
- HORNETS FOOTBALL — Hornets football coaching staff coming together
- HUNTSVILLE BASEBALL — Hornets upset Brenham in final road game
- HUNTSVILLE TRACK AND FIELD — Now's the time to shine at regional meet