- Local News
City, HISD election seats open for applicants
Citizens of Huntsville who are interested in running for City Council or Huntsville ISD Board of Trustees spots in the upcoming Nov. 4 election can now file for those positions.
- Board votes all students eligible for bus rides
- Walker County Jail project comes in under budget
- Southbound lane closure on IH 45 near SH 30
- Professor cultivates ‘Hope’ on canvas, in classroom
- City, HISD election seats open for applicants
Llama on the loose corralled in Missouri town
A llama on the lam cruised Main Street Tuesday before it mistook a resident’s fenced backyard for a place to grab a meal and freshen up.
July 22, 2014 2 Photos
- An oncologist uses scorpion venom to locate cancer cells
- VIDEO: Train collides with semi truck carrying lighter fluid
- Llama on the loose corralled in Missouri town
Future Hornets take the field
Never before has there been Stars of Huntsville Softball Camp, and it’s not every day that Huntsville’s youth softball players have an opportunity to learn the game’s fundamentals from the town’s most experienced players and coaches.
On Monday, nearly 25 campers took the field at Kate Barr Ross Park and were instructed by Huntsville Hornets softball head coach Rick Burns and several members of his team. The players, coaches and campers battled through the heat to have a successful day that saw many of the campers receive one-one-one instruction.
- SHSU’s Ridings honored by Southland Conference
- Huntsville Heat win tourney title
- Future Hornets take the field