- Local News
Folks with Tri-County Services were honored by the Walker County Commissioners Court on Monday with a proclamation designating March as Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Month.
In this tech age, how can a plane go missing?
Call 911 from the side of the road, and GPS satellites can tell dispatchers exactly where to send help. Airline passengers have access to detailed maps that show exactly where they are during their journey. Hop onto WiFi, and somehow Google knows whether you're logging on from Lima or London, and will give you detailed suggestions about what to eat.
March 10, 2014 1 Photo
- VIDEO: Skydiver, pilot treated after midair collision
- Researchers tackle mystery of how some snakes can fly
- In this tech age, how can a plane go missing?
LADY HORNETS SOFTBALL — Tough from get-go
The Lady Hornets were looking to gain ground on the district’s top spot and had a golden opportunity to do so in Monday night’s clash with Magnolia West.
It didn’t go the Huntsville girls’ way, though, as they struggled at the plate and errors doomed their chances in a 10-2 loss to the Lady Mustangs.
- BEARKATS BASEBALL — Kats walk off with game winner in 13th inning
- SCOTT: Seniors have brief, valuable careers for SHSU men's basketball team
- LADY HORNETS SOFTBALL — Tough from get-go