- Local News
Allegations brought against Riverside VFD
Two members of the Emergency Service District No. 1 board said that numerous complaints over the past three years have been filed against the Riverside Volunteer Fire Department, including allegations that the department falsified documents, misused department equipment and vehicles for personal business and violated emergency medical technician rules and procedures.
- Huntsville ISD offers campus facility tours
- Local Justice of Peace attends seminar
- Martial arts studio helps to break cycle of domestic abuse
- Happy feet
- Allegations brought against Riverside VFD
Human trafficking battled by text message
A few months ago, a worker monitoring a hotline for the Polaris Project, a nonprofit group dedicated to combating human trafficking, received a text message from an 18-year-old woman in distress.
December 9, 2013 1 Photo
- Should Detroit sell its priceless art to pay the bills?
- Cargazing: Ford Fiesta ST is fast, fun, affordable
- Human trafficking battled by text message
BEARKATS FOOTBALL: The one that got away
It was there for the taking.
Sam Houston State was less than a minute away from surviving a slugfest with fourth-seeded Southeastern Louisiana and possibly hosting a quarterfinal matchup against New Hampshire this week.
All the Bearkats needed to do was keep the Lions from getting into the end zone and they’d notch another playoff victory.
- Lions make ‘big plays’ down stretch, Kats don’t
- BEARKATS FOOTBALL — Bigger prize at stake this time
- BEARKATS FOOTBALL: The one that got away